On how to behave in public places
1. When entering an establishment, or an office, if several people are present, greet them in a general manner, and do the same upon leaving the room.
2. Out of courtesy, anyone entering or leaving the room should greet the other, and the others should greet back in a friendly way; “greeting isn’t below you, to the contrary, it ennobles you”.
3. If you need to use the phone for inevitable reasons, keep in mind that it’s not yours exclusively; be brief and do not bother the ones who are working with long conversations.
4. Never raise your voice, nor should you gesticulate ostensibly, because neither will grant you more authority or reason.
5. Be careful with objects and equipment meant for general use. Never violently close any doors or windows, think of how they would react had they any feelings.
6. Spitting in public places is for vulgar, common and rude people, and they who do it show an incivility typical of savages.
7. Sit comfortably at your desk or workplace, but do not ever assume a tired or bored posture.